Watching Her Chapter 18 - The Sorcerer's Apprentice

Wednesday, April 11, 2012
~~~~OOO~~~~OOO~~~~
Chapter 18 - The Sorcerer's Apprentice - Fantasia

"Bella, come on," I urge, tugging on our joined hands.

"Edward, stop. Tell me where we're going." She giggles, the sound light and free, as she tries half-heartedly to get me to stop walking.

I turn around so that I can walk backward. I won't fall. I don't know how I know, I just do, just like I know she's the most gorgeous thing I've ever seen in my whole life.

"It's a surprise," I tell her with a grin that makes her cheeks flush with the most perfect shade of pink.
Keeping both our hands clasped together I pull her along a hallway. It's one I've never been down before, but somehow I still know exactly where it leads. The walls are covered in bright, almost blinding, murals of nonsensical patterns and pictures. Fluffy puffs of lime green clouds, lavender trees with baby blue leaves, hot pink grass dotted with licorice black and milk chocolate brown flowers. Animals of every size and shape … and color and pattern - stripes, polka dots, and even a plaid elephant mixed with mushroom-shaped houses and castles with turrets and moats.

She smiles at me and my heart does the twisty turny thing that only happens when I think about her or see her. "Do you even know where you're going?" 

"Yep. Don't you trust me?"

This time when she smiles it's even more heartbreakingly sweet, more meaningful. "You know I do."
We keep moving. The hallway narrows, almost to the point where our shoulders touch each wall until, with one more step, we enter a round room. There are no walls, only windows, like we're inside of a snow globe … only without the floating snow and without the water. The sun is shining, though the only thing I can see is her and how her hair has streaks of every shade of brown and red imaginable throughout.

In the center is my piano; the ebony and ivory keys beckon me. Beside my piano is her drum set. Rainbow-colored light bounces off the cymbals. The polished silver of the rims of her drums gleams brilliantly.

"We're going to play together?" she squeals in excitement. The accent I still can't place is even more pronounced when she's unguarded and free. It makes my blood warm and my skin tingle.

"Yep. I told you to trust me." I lead her toward the instruments.

She picks up her sticks and stares at them almost reverently before she turns to face me. "Thank you. It's nice not to play alone for a change." She sighs.

I reach for her hand, linking our fingers once more. "You don't have to be alone ever again, Bella," I promise her.

We both situate ourselves behind our instruments and begin to play. Music fills the space, thumping so loudly the windows rattle. Black music notes fill the air and swirl around our heads in time with the chords and rhythms.

I've never been happier … I don't ever want it to end.

But it does … abruptly and without consideration when the sound of my alarm clock jerks me awake with a start.

"Holy shit," I murmur as the last vestiges of the most incredible dream I've ever had fades away. I stare at the ceiling willing the feelings to come back and groan in frustration when they don't. I don't remember all of my dream, just fragments and glimpses, but there's no doubt who it was about.

Bella.

Just thinking her name causes me to smile. I roll onto my side and see that I only have a little while until I can see her again. I haven't been asleep long, but it was a deep, restorative one. Between the late nights and the practice of the last few days, my body was in desperate need of some rejuvenation.

Now that sleep has been had, a shower is next. I get out of bed and strip, leaving my clothes in a pile on the floor and walk to my bathroom. There's something to be said for the freedom to walk around butt ass naked when you want to. I turn the water on and wait a few minutes while the bathroom fills with steam as the water warms up. Remnants of my dream flit in and out of mind along with little snippets of the words Bella has written in our notebooks.

The water pounds my back, massaging my sore and tired muscles. The last few weeks have definitely taken a toll on my body, not that I'm complaining in the least, and it's not like I would change one fucking second of it. Besides finding Bella, just the fact that I've been on my own for the past few weeks has made this the best summer ever. My parents aren't overbearing or anything, but I'm going to be eighteen soon, it's definitely time for my wings to spread a bit. I'm not ready for my freedom to end, so I purposely push that unwelcome thought to the side and let Bella come back to the forefront. It's where she's supposed to be anyway.

Words and visions, both imagined and real, swarm in my head, buzzing like flies. I reach down, unsurprised to find myself hard. It seems wrong, maybe even bordering on obscene to stroke myself now that I know her name, but my dick is hard, the water is warm, and I can't help it.

"Oh fuck." I groan as I hang my head and watch my fingers wrap around my rock hard cock.
I try to keep my thoughts vague, but the harder I try to do that, the clearer her face becomes behind my eyelids. I see the smile from my dream, hear her voice from the store, and imagine her talking to me, urging me to touch her, kiss her, taste her.

A hard nipple against my lips. A peppermint-flavored tongue. The sugar cookie taste of the sensitive skin behind her ear … the sweet, slick taste of her pussy.

My fingers tighten around my dick, stroking faster. A swipe across my engorged tip with my thumb causes me to grunt and hiss. "Oh God, fuck, fuck," I mumble. Never has my own hand felt so good. The muscles in my calves burn, my abs clench, and I grind my teeth together.

"Edward." I can hear her voice in my head as clearly as if she were standing in front of me. I get impossibly harder, almost to the point of pain. Up and down I pump until with a growl I explode, shooting streams of come onto the wall of the shower.

It takes a few minutes for my breathing to return to normal, though when I do, I shiver because the water's lost most of its warmth. I hurry through the rest of my shower, washing my hair, face, and body in only minutes. By the time I'm dressed in black cargo shorts and a band t-shirt, I feel a hundred times better.
Relaxed both from my orgasm and the nap from before, I turn and grab the notebook that's never far from my side. Flipping it open, I read her words again, this time seeing the name that goes with the beautiful face and the music that stirs my soul.

I reach for the remote for my iHome and find the playlist I made just for Bella. After she told me her favorite band is Blink182, I downloaded a few of their albums. I have to smile at her letters, the margins are full of doodles and squiggles, and she's used at least five different pens, like she writes one thought and goes back to add another later. I really, really like the thought of that.

Tapping my own boring blue Bic against my lips, I contemplate what I want to say for a moment. Knowing her name has somehow made all of this, whatever it is, more personal. She's still Drummer Girl, but she's more, too. She's Bella.

She's my Bella.
~~~~OOO~~~~OOO~~~~

0 comments: