Watching Her Chapter 10 - Huey, Dewey, and Louie

Tuesday, April 03, 2012
~~~~OOO~~~~OOO~~~~
Chapter 10 - Huey, Dewey, and Louie - Mickey's Christmas Carol
Huey, Dewey, and Louie are Donald Duck's mischievous nephews. While each having a distinct character trait, they share some similarities. All three are shown to be crafty and troublesome and usually think alike.

"Holy shit, did you see that shot?" Emmett hollers as if we all didn't see what had just happened on the flat screen in our impromptu FIFA tournament on the PS3.

He's sprawled out on the floor, playing against Ben Cheney. Jasper, Tyler Crowley, and Mike Newton are stuffing their faces with pizza waiting to play. And me … I'm just counting down the minutes, the seconds, until I can kick them all out and go see Drummer Girl.

Since seeing her this afternoon I haven't been able to think about anything else.

Mom and Dad called a little earlier to check on me and I was so distracted, my dad had to ask me three times if I'd cut the grass while they've been gone. Mom asked me if I have enough food in the house and luckily I was able to tell her I'd just gotten back from the store and I was planning on having chicken, a baked potato, and salad for dinner. They told me how great their trip was going and not so subtly mentioned more than a few times how disappointed Tanya was that I didn't make the trip this year. As if I care … especially now.

"Hey, Cullen. You know Jess could bring Lauren and Angela over here, probably grab Vicky and Bree, too, and we could have ourselves a real party," Newton tells me around a mouthful of pizza.
I snort, shaking my head at the dumbass. It's not like I didn't know he would try this shit, because he does it every fucking time.

"Asshole, first of all, you know all our parents know that Dr. and Mrs. C are out of town and we all have curfews. Second of all, when we have a party, it's going to be next week when it's E's birthday." Jasper turns to me and smirks like the cat that swallowed the canary.

"And not one word, man. You only turn eighteen once and your parents aren't here. There's no way we can just let that go to waste," he tells me and I can't help but grin back. I'm no saint and a party in my honor sounds like too much fun to pass up. "And third," Jasper whips his head back to Mike, "you can go one fucking night without Jess crawling all over your junk. You wanna get nasty, go do it somewhere else. We don't wanna see it." With that, he chugs the rest of his Coke, lets out a belch even Emmett would envy, and claps his hands together loudly. "Okay, you douche bags, it's my turn. Lemme show you how it's done."

The rest of the night flies by amidst belching contests, and trash talk that would probably rival most NFL teams … Emmett and Mike especially. About midnight, my eyes are glued to the clock. My knee bounces as I sit on the couch and my hand is constantly in my hair. At this point, I'm sure it looks like I've stuck my finger in a light socket or had a balloon rubbed back and forth across my hair for the last hour it has be standing up so much.

I take another deep breath, trying to stay as calm as I can, at least until I can get the idiots out of my house.
"Dude, what in the everliving hell is going on with you lately?" Jasper asks as he flops down beside me. I sneak a quick glance around the room, finding Emmett and Ben flipping through the latest issue of EuroSport while Mike and Tyler finish up their match.

It's on the tip of my tongue to tell him everything, but after last night and seeing her today, I just can't. I need to know where things stand, if I've ruined whatever this could be, or freaked her out so much there's no way we can ever be anything … not even friends.

I sigh and turn my head to look at him. "Just stuff, Jazz. It's no big deal." I shrug and then turn to look up at the ceiling.

I can feel his eyes on me, penetrating … waiting for me to tell him something … anything. Emmett's great, and we've been friends for fucking ever, but Jasper's different. I won't say better because I love them like brothers, not that I'll ever admit that out loud to either of them, or anyone else for that matter, but that doesn't make it any less so. It makes thinking about what happens after high school one of my least favorite things to do. I have plans, big plans, and the fact that the two people that have been by my side for as long as I can remember might not be there is a little hard to think about.

He huffs beside me, annoyed, but he doesn't push. I don't figure he going to let it go for much longer. Jasper's sneaky like that. He'll wait and watch and then pounce at just the right … or maybe wrong depending on how you look at it … time. "Look, I've got a lot on my mind. I'm good." I push on his shoulder and we wrestle on the sofa for a few minutes.

"Dickwad, if you're done trying to hump Edward's leg, we need to get the fuck out of here before we're late getting home." Emmett smirks at us both from the end of the couch. I give Jasper one more good shove just for the hell of it then hop up.

Mike, Tyler, and Ben have all left. I walk Jasper and Emmett toward the entryway, wondering if it would look bad if I push them out the door. Figuring it would, I try to not let my face show how fucking anxious I am to be alone. Hanging out with them was fun and all … but I have places to be and a Drummer Girl to see.

I'm not leaving tonight until I do.
~~~~OOO~~~~OOO~~~~

0 comments: