VERY important message from Erin!! Please read!

Sunday, June 03, 2012
Good morning and Happy Sunday beautiful girls!

I just wanted to take a few minutes to sort of check in with you all in light of all the hoopla concerning FFn. I'm sure most of you know about the rash of fics being pulled for violations for TOS and for incorrect summaries. I'm not really going to get into any of that or what my personal views are on the matter but I did want to take a moment to ease everyone's minds about my work if you've had any questions.

For the time being, I have no plans to move any of my work from FFn. I think I stay pretty much under the radar (fingers crossed it stays that way) and although I knowingly violate the posted TOS concerning lemons, so far I've been fine. That's not to say it won't change at some point, and when and if that happens, I do have a backup plan.

My stories are already posted on TWCS, and have been for awhile now, starting with TPWC and on up through Drumsticks and Penalty Kicks. Laurel takes care of posting over there for me and updates happen at the same time I update to FFn. I used to read over there a lot, but I haven't in awhile. The stories are easy to find and there aren't the restrictions regarding content over there, and I know a great many authors are moving or have done so already, to their site. I understand there isn't a mobile version ... yet. I saw a post somewhere yesterday saying that was in the works. I don't have a problem posting over there, even if there are a few things I wish were a bit different.

http://www.thewriterscoffeeshop.com/

(*pssst* Watching Her is listed as a featured fic over here! Pretty cool, huh?)

Next, I also have an account at AO3 ... which is where a large number of people are moving to. It's my understanding that the wait to get invites is long, like REALLY long, but you can read without being a member. I haven't been able to spend a lot of time on there yet, but I have to say it's really pretty and easy to navigate around. I don't have anything posted yet, but after Laurel and I take a look and see, hopefully we can start adding things, soon.

Plus ... I still have my blog where everything will always be posted. Be sure to sign up for email alerts because with the ever changing environment these days, that plus this page are going to be the easiest way to stay in contact with you all. I'm on Twitter as most of you know ... les_sh_16 so if things happen, I'll let you know that way, too.

I guess the main point in all of this is to let y'all know that wherever YOU guys go, so to will I ... because after all what good is it to write if no one reads your words? I still have more to write, not just finishing up Drumsticks and Penalty Kicks, but currently I have four other ideas floating around in my brain. Scary place to be sometimes, let me tell you, but there are still plenty of words up there that are begging to come out. Our fandom is wonderful and amazing and I'm blessed and honored to be a part of such an incredible group, even during the worst of times. We'll get through this round of insanity, together.

A personal request if I may and something I've seen mentioned eloquently and passionately by some others. If you follow a story to another site, please consider leaving a review. For most of us that write, reviews are our way of knowing that our words are connecting with you. It's what feeds us, drives us to be better, and makes us want to give you more. It's not about count or number or having more reviews than such and such ... it's about validation and feedback ... and for me personally, it's about connecting. I love each and every one of you and after 10 stories now, I know so many of you by name and THAT makes every late night editing, every nail biting posting day, every frustration and cries to my team that I can't get something to come out right, every sleepless night (there have been A LOT of those!) worth it when I get a review that says I made you happy, or made you cry (because let's face it, you gotta have some bad to really appreciate the good!) or surprised you or whatever the case may be. So please, whether you follow an author to TWCS, Twi-Write, Twilighted, FFFW, AO3, or wherever else you may find your favorites, even their own personal blogs, leave them a review or a comment. We need your words as much as you enjoy reading ours.

Thank you for letting me ramble on a Sunday morning, y'all! Hope you have a beautiful day and I'll see you all tomorrow with a new chapter of Drumsticks and Penalty Kicks ... Creeper is being especially swoony!

Lots of love to everyone,

Erin~

5 comments:

  1. Thank You so much for letting us know your intentions, Erin! I think a lot of us are worried that we'll lose those stories that are/have captivated us. I may not always review, but I will try my hardest to. If it weren't for writers like you, we wouldn't have our little 'escapes' from daily life. Appreciate every word you write!!!

  1. Unknown said...:

    Thanks for letting us know. I love your work and will try to review more often. Thank you so much!!

  1. Thanks so much Erin for letting us know how this may or may not impact where we canfind your stories! I'm glad you are flexible and I'll continue to follow your stories whereever you post them!

    I will also try to leave more reviews than I currently do - I'm not as deligent as I could be! But, I'd love to opportunity to make you day with a review like you awesome writers make my day with a new story or chapter!

  1. thanks erin! you are fabulous and i know you love your readers just as much as we love you and your stories! i review every chapter i read only cos i can't help but respond and yes all these wonderful writers create my escape world and i love it! thanks again!

  1. Debbie said...:

    Thanks so much, Erin, for your post. It makes me feel a little less freaked out to hear from my favorite authors (and you're up at the top of my list!) that they have contingency plans during all this FFn craziness. I can breathe a little easier knowing I'll be able to continue reading your amazing writing! And I agree with the previous poster--I review pretty much every chapter, cuz I'm usually overflowing by the time I read them! I consider it my way of telling you just how much I enjoy and cherish your stories, and I'll follow you anywhere!