DaPK Chapter 6 - Extra Time

Thursday, June 14, 2012

~~~~OOO~~~~OOO~~~~

Chapter 6 - Extra Time

EPOV

Hey, Baby,

It's been way too long since I've done this. I'm so sorry. Ever since the night before the first day of school, things feel like they've been on warp speed, even before that, if you want to know the truth. It seems like from the time I left for camp, the days have just flown by.

I've missed this, talking to you this way … our way. It's part of what makes us - us. I can't even begin to tell you what this week's been like with you. From the moment we first saw each other, and God damn those few seconds are always playing on a continuous loop in the back of my mind, to kissing you this afternoon in the parking lot after the scrimmage, the entire week's been full of moments I don't ever want to forget.

We talk every night on the phone. We talk before school, during school, and after school, and I love it. I love being able to see you roll your eyes when I annoy you, or the way the end of your nose scrunches up when you laugh. I really love the way you blush when I whisper in your ear, but writing to you, in our notebooks, makes me feel so close to you. It's not like I'd ever tell you something here I wouldn't tell you face to face. That's not it at all. You're my girlfriend, my best friend, and I want to share everything with you, but this is just different, you know?

I ask you every night, and more times than I can count during the day, though I have a feeling from the way you huff at me you know exactly how many times it is, but how are you? Really? You amaze me, every single day, with how strong you are. You do. I know it hasn't been easy. I can tell when you feel overwhelmed and you just want to run home and sit with your mom, but you've done so fucking well. You know that, right? I'm so proud of you. Is that stupid to say? I don't think so. I hope not. But I am.

Seeing you with my friends does something to me, Bella. I don't even know if I can explain it. I've always been close to them, and never once felt out of place or anything like that, but having you, with me at school, just feels better. Perfect. Like something was missing and now it's not anymore because you're there. God, I sound like one those dudes in the books you like to read, don't I? Shit. But, I do mean it, even if it makes me sound like a pussy to say it.

I can't wait to see you tonight - just a few more hours now. I had a dream one time, right after I left you the drumsticks, about what it would be like to be with you, inside our building. Not be with you, be with you, though it was a really hot dream, but mostly I dreamed about how it would feel to sit close to you and watch you play, and spend time in the space that means so much to you. I know technically it's yours, but I can't help but feel that it's kinda mine now, too. You'll share with me, won't you, baby?

I love you, Bella. I could tell you a million and one times and I'd never get tired of saying it and I hope you won't ever get tired of hearing it … because I plan on saying it for a really long fucking time.

I'll see you soon. You are going to wear a shirt just for me, aren't you? God, I can't fucking wait to see what it is!

Edward

I smile as I close the notebook and glance at the clock. Shit. Still more than two hours to go. I can't wait to see her, hear her play. That reminds me and I flip the notebook open again.

P.S. - btw … you haven't forgotten about my song, have you, because I damn sure haven't. I want it, baby. I want it badly. God, that sounded dirty didn't it? Well, just so you know, I want that, too.

Another look at the clock and I have to laugh at my idiotic self.

P.P.S. - why the hell are we waiting until God-awful 2 fucking A.M. for me to come over? As soon as my parents are asleep, I'm outta here.

I fling the notebook beside me and flop down on my bed, listening intently for any noises to come from my parents. It's almost midnight for fuck's sake; shouldn't they be in bed already? And what the hell was I thinking telling Bella we'd wait 'til our 'normal' time? I could have so easily told my parents I was going to the party and gone over to her house instead, come home, and then gone back out again … double the time with her. Total win. However, I knew I wanted to write her a letter, and I know my girl - she needed some time with her mom.

"Edward," Mom says as she knocks and then pushes the door open. "We're going to bed. Don't forget, Dad and I have to run to Port Angeles in the morning, so we'll be home after lunch. Do you have anything going on tomorrow?"

I look at her from my bed, hoping she can't see that I'm wide awake and not ready to go to sleep in the least. "Nah, not really. I'll probably go run, then maybe do some practicing with Em and Jas in the afternoon. Not sure what the plan is for tomorrow night yet."

"Well, call me if you need anything while we're out and I'll see you when we get home tomorrow. Night, sweetie."

"Night, Mom. Love you."

The door's not even closed and I'm off the bed like my ass is on fire. I showered when I got home from practice because I was a gross sweaty mess, so all I have to do now is brush my teeth, run my fingers through my hair, and spray on some cologne. Yeah, this time, it's most definitely a date. Not my idea of a first 'real' date, but for us, it's perfect. I'm not sure when Bella will be ready for me to take her out, but I'll wait as long as it takes. Introducing her to my parents as my girlfriend probably needs to happen first though. The sooner the better. I want them to meet her and see how important she is to me.

I pace for a few minutes, thinking about what the night will be like … and what I want, and hope, to happen. I'd be a fool to try to deny that I'm wishing for some contact, of the up close and personal variety. All week she's been driving me crazy. Tight jeans that show her perfect ass. Tiny shirts that mold to her tits, and holy mother of God, a short skirt yesterday that made her legs look a mile long and kept me hard all fucking day because all I could think about was having them wrapped around my waist as I threw her down on her loveseat. So yeah, some hand to silky soft sugar cookie-scented skin is definitely on my agenda tonight; I can only hope it's on hers.

Our short, but highly enjoyable, make-out session in her SUV after the scrimmage did nothing but make me want her even more. I didn't think it was possible. I look down, yep, hard as a fucking rock, so apparently it's possible as all get-out.

Thirty minutes have gone by without a sound from my parents' room and I can't wait any longer. I'm down the stairs and out the sliding glass door in no time flat and as soon as I enter the woods and my feet find the familiar trail, I pull out my phone.

On my way, be there in 20

Her response is immediate.

I'll be waiting

Fuck, does that ever sound good, and my mind immediately conjures all the ways she could be waiting for me. Standing sweetly with her hands behind her back right inside the door. Sitting on her stool, fingers already spinning her drumsticks, poised to play for me … laid out on her loveseat, hair fanned beneath her head, ready and waiting for me. Okay, that last one's not likely … but hey, I can dream.

I shake my head at my idiotic thoughts, and force my legs to move faster. I've traveled this path so many times my feet know exactly where to step, where the ground is flat, and where the terrain is a bit rougher and I need to pay attention. It would suck monkey balls to trip, mess up my knee or ankle … and miss a chance to be alone with Bella.

My phone vibrates again.

Hurry

My girl asks, my girl gets.

I push my legs to move faster, ignoring the few twinges and aches lingering from the game. Alec gave me a good knee to my thigh, most likely retaliation for getting in his face like I did. I'm good with that; I'd expect no less. He did apologize for the comment about Bella's mom, though, just like I knew he would. Guys may be clueless dicks sometimes, but saying something like that was low, even for a jackass like Alec. He's lucky I didn't lay his ass out. Like I told Jasper, the way I reacted, what I felt when it seemed like Bella was being threatened, or at least my relationship with her was being challenged, was like nothing I've ever experienced before. My only thought was over my dead fucking body.

Honestly, the way I went from calm to more pissed-off than I can ever remember being in the blink of an eye freaked me out a little bit. I'm normally pretty cool and collected, even on the soccer field. Sure, I lose my temper from time to time, and yes, I get pissed-off and want to hit someone or something, but I've never just wanted to beat the ever-living shit out of a person like that. And the worst thing was, I knew Alec was kidding ... well mostly. Bella's hot as hell, so I have no doubt there was some truth buried beneath the crass and pretty lame attempt to get a rise out of me. If I'd been thinking clearly, I would have just given him a smart ass smirk and told him even on his best day he couldn't take Bella away from me.

I know how she feels about me, and me about her, so I know there's no chance, at all, of us not being together, but the thought of being without her makes my blood run cold. I can't, I won't, be without her now. Just - no.

Thankfully, the glow from Bella's building focuses me on the here and now … and the fact that she's waiting for me.

Holy shit.

I pause beside the tree that I spent so much time watching her from and my index finger finds the groove I rubbed into it. The ground around the tree is trampled down, though because it's been so long since I've been here, new growth mixes with the old. My heart's beating about a hundred miles an hour and the twisty turny thing is having an all out party in my stomach, complete with noisemakers and confetti.

Jesus.

So many memories rush through my mind and I have to lean my head against the tree to calm myself down. The first time I saw her. The way I hurt for her when she danced and was obviously in pain. The first letter, the first smile, the first swivel of her sexy ass to tease me. Creeper. Drummer Girl. A pen. Heartbreak and grief. Sugar cookies. Her words, her touch … her voice after dreaming about it for so long.

Image after image, a kaleidoscope I can barely keep up with. But I feel, God do I feel. All of it, everything. The excitement and frustration. The pull, the want. The need and the happiness. The fear and the hope. Warmth and twists and turns.

Love.

And with that, I'm running. To Bella. My Bella. I don't even worry about being seen; all I care about is getting to her.

My feet skid to a stop the second I see her. I try to catch my breath, the familiar, mouthwatering scent of peppermint and sugar cookies hangs sweet and heavy in the air. Bella. Here. Waiting for me. Standing with her back to me facing the bench behind her drum set. Long mahogany hair loose around her shoulders. My fingers immediately twitch with the need to feel the strands wrapped around them. White t-shirt, tight and showing her curves. Tiny black shorts that cup her ass. So round and perfect. Long legs that are toned and make my dick stand at attention and want to salute for being so fucking hot.

And fuck me … bare feet.

Christ, she's trying to kill me.

"Took you long enough." She turns around and grins, sexy and slow.

Yep. She's definitely going to kill me.

~~~~OOO~~~~OOO~~~~

0 comments: